We are seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator through The Confluence Environmental Center AmeriCorps program!
We are at an exciting phase of rebuilding our digital and in-person outreach to engage diverse watershed constituents to protect and restore the watershed. Specific project examples include:
- Hosting volunteer work parties including planting, weeding, invasive species and trash removal
- Supervising youth workforce development program in the above activities
- Providing stormwater and restoration outreach and education, via site tours and presentations
- Creating SRWC digital and social media materials and strategies
- Cultivating partnerships, new and old
As part of the ongoing equity work at the Council, goals incorporated into this 11-month position include: better understanding the needs of the Black, Indigenous, Latinx and Asian American communities in and surrounding the watershed; providing new services and opportunities for these communities of color to participate in river activities; and cultivating the cultural connection between these communities and the river. This position will provide opportunities for a creative, energetic, and strategic individual to play a pivotal role in shaping our future outreach and programming. Please see attached documents for application information and apply by Monday July 12th.
Position Announcement: Community Outreach Coordinator (PDF Download)