- This event has passed.
November Council Meeting (Virtual)
November 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Community members are welcome to join the Council meeting every other month for updates and other news. This month’s meeting will be held virtually via Zoom, an online meeting platform.
Join via internet connection (computer or smart phone):
Meeting ID: 863 9749 7684
Join via phone:
Call (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID: 863 9749 7684
- Council Development 6:30-7:45
- Approve September and October Council minutes Council vote – Carl (5min)
- Budget review -Sara (10 min)
- Status of Biohabitats suit -Kris (10 min)
- Staffing Discussion -Carl/Kris (10 min)
- Equity Committee update (10 min)
- Nomination for officers -Carl (5 min)
- Bylaws committee -seeking volunteers and chair -Carl (5 min)
- Propose dates for monthly meetings in 2021 -Carl (5 min)
- December 2020 meeting date (Doodle poll)
- Development for next Council Meeting 7:45-8:15 -Dianne
- Emerging Opportunities/Issues 8:15-8:30
- Public Comment
Next Council meeting: Monday January 25th, Annual Meeting and Board Elections
Step-by-step how-to’s for joining a Zoom meeting:
Here are some recommendations for our Board meeting to run smoothly:
- Start your log-in process 5-15 minutes before the meeting starts. Sometimes it takes a little while to make sure the video and microphone are working. It doesn’t hurt to get your account set up and then mute your call until the facilitator starts the meeting. You’re welcome to log in as early as 6pm. Let me (sara) know if you would like to do a practice session at 6. We will provide tips at the start of the meeting as well.
- If you have a headset or a pair of headphones with a microphone (Apple earbuds, for example), please use them! These devices will help other people clearly hear your audio.
- Use that mute button. When you aren’t talking, please put yourself on mute so others can clearly hear the speaker. Background noise like dogs barking can be very distracting, even if the dog is cute :).
- Pause before beginning to speak. It’s difficult to see social cues in virtual meetings, whether video or phone. To avoid speaking over or interrupting others, take a pause before you begin talking. Or, when on video, establish a visual way to signal that you would like to speak. For example, there is a hand-raising button (see instructions above for more info on that).
- We’ll go over these guidelines in the meeting’s introduction.
* Spanish speaking staff present. Personal que hablan español presente en estos eventos